I have a thang for quaint beaches, pastel colors and knickknack-loaded boutiques, which is why a Southern hideaway for me almost every summer has been Tybee Island. If you’ve never visited Tybee before, I highly recommend this cuter-than-country-cute location for these reasons:
- It houses educational museums, a historic lighthouse and miles of pristine beaches;
- It features a slew of darling shops/galleries and eclectic restaurants;
- It includes vital nesting areas for endangered sea turtles (Awww!);
- It’s got this neat swashbuckling background as a place pirates invaded during the 1500s; and
- It’s a scenic, leisurely workout to stroll along the shoreline.