Not too familiar with Durango’s legacy in the country Western world? Well, thank goodness Cowgirl Candace likes hayfield-related history. The authentic Western footwear inspired by the Old West actually celebrated its 50-year anniversary last year. And exciting for me, I’m able to contribute to a brand I actually grew up wearing hardcore on the family farm during the 1980s and ’90s. Since 1966, Durango has fashioned collections of stellar styles — from bold-hued boots and classic colors to its popular American flag and boot band-dressed ones. Other notable events that happened the year Durango entered the equine industry:
- The “Batman” TV series starring Adam West debuted on ABC;
- The popular TV show “Star Trek” debuted as well;
- The mini skirt became fashionable;
- Heavyweight boxer Cassius Clay (popularly known as Muhammad Ali) defeated Henry Cooper in two London title fights;
- Bands The Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, The Beatles and Simon and Garfunkel were global sensations; and
- Celebrities Mike Tyson, Adam Sandler, Gordon Ramsay and David Schwimmer were born.