Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Rose Hill at Lockerly Arboretum in Milledgeville, Georgia, is this massive Greek Revival-style house. Classic and full of Southern charm, Rose Hill became the quintessential location for Cowgirl Candace to get hitched since it resides in my hometown as well. A few farm girl fun facts about the venue:
- The two-story, stucco-clad house was built during 1852 as a private residence;
- The Lockerly Arbortem Foundation bought the 2.57-acre plot during 1998 to use as a museum and educational site;
- It’s name comes from the cornucopia of Cherokee Roses that grew at that location;
- The layout of Rose Hill exemplifies a typical Georgian house with a square-shaped plan with a central hallway flanked by rooms and chimneys; and today,
- The garden-laden home serves as a breathtaking wedding space.